Monday, April 23, 2012

Inspiration

Hello!

It's not that far along from the last time i've blogged but I'm bored and wanted to update. I've decided that I'm going to take the CPA for real this time. I've given it a lot of thought and in order to be able to excel in my career, I'm going to need this. I really want to prove to myself that I can do this. For a while now, I've been avoiding trying to take it because I was afraid the "what if" factor of if I didn't pass. What if I can't do it, what if I'm not smart enough, what if I just invested all that money into studying just to fail. I recently went to a conference for work where they had a motivational speaker and he pretty much opened my eyes and I saw what I've been afraid of this whole time. He explained that in order to grow, you need to face your fears. I didn't realize that I was afraid of the CPA that's why I was trying to consider other options to avoid it such as taking my masters degree. But then when I actually thought about it, taking my masters would be a waste of time and money unless I'm trying to concentrate more on a specific aspect of the accounting field. If I don't face my fears, or try this, I will never know whether or not I could of done it. I would be stuck doing what I'm doing the rest of my life and I'll be thinking "what could I have been if I got my CPA?" I don't want to sit there and think "what if" I want to actually do it and prove to myself that if I can do this, I can do anything. This is truly my biggest goal and I want to prove to myself and everyone else who has doubted me that I'm not dumb, I am smart, I can do this.

No matter how hard it is, I can't wait to get to the other side where I can proudly say that I have completed and passed all exams. There's no stopping me now. I need to motivate myself and push myself to the limit because I know that I can do it. 

Okay, I think I just wanted to update to show where my life is heading. Hopefully.

Til next time!

Karla

No comments: