Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hello! only days before the year 2011!

I haven't been doing much but just being lazy and some chores here and there. Here's a little update on my life..

So i graduated from USF on December 17, 2010! it was raining but it's ok, nothing stopped me from graduating. Such a great accomplishment and a great feeling to be done with school. Here's a picture from my graduation.. My family, my boyfriend & his mom. Thanks to everyone who came out in the rain to congratulate me! :) I just got all of my grades in. I've been waiting for all my grades to come in cause they won't send me my diploma until they see that I passed all my classes. I've managed to get better grades this semester out of all my semesters at USF with a semester GPA of 3.28! I got 1 A-, 3 B+, and 1 B! I took 5 classes and 18 units! Whoo hoo! I worked so hard this semester and it was definitely the hardest semester of my life! Commuting and having 2 night classes plus classes everyday of the week! It was a crazy & hectic semester but all worth it for that diploma! It should be getting mailed soon! I still need to get a diploma frame so I can frame it! :) Time went by so fast!!

I had my graduation party the next day. a lot of people came both family & friends. thanks for everyone who came out!! :)

Just this past weekend was Christmas! I got the northface jacket i wanted plus a sweater for inside the jacket and my eclipse dvd all from bubba! His sister got me a hello kitty laptop holder cause I'm on my bed on my computer a lot so it helps with that. I'm actually using it right now. she also got me some hello kitty lotions. Their parents got me a northface sweater. Gee had to exchange it to a larger size cause they got me a small.

My parents basically spent tons of money on me for my graduation/christmas present by throwing me the party. My sister got me 2 tops and my brother got me a leather jacket.

I feel so blessed to have such a great family & boyfriend and his family & friends! I couldn't of asked for better people to surround me with. Its gonna be a great start to a new year!

In exactly 3 weeks from today on January 19, my family & I are all going to the Philippines! i'm so excited because we haven't gone there since 2006 and this time I'm staying for an entire month. My parents & katrine are staying for 3 weeks and my brother is staying for 2.5 weeks. After I come back from the Philippines, I'm gonna be job hunting like crazy! I haven't really been looking too much cause I didn't wanna apply now and get interviewed now and not be able to work until I come back from the Philippines. So i figured just to relax & enjoy my vacation and when I come back, I can job hunt.

I still need to apply for the california state boards so that I can sign up to take my CPA exam. But before I do that, I need to get the study courses online but it costs $1000 and I don't have that kind of money to buy it yet. I'm just afraid to sign up for the california state boards and not have my study guides yet and have to sign up for my CPA exam before I'm even ready.

So 2011 will look like this for me..
Vacation for a month in the Philippines.
Buy Study courses for CPA exam
Apply for California state boards
sign up to take CPA exams
find a job & study for CPA exam at the same time
HOPEFULLY have a job
take exams
be a Certified Public Accountant
possibly get into an accounting firm to be an auditor

my hopes & dreams i hope it will come true this year.

it's so adult like. I keep forgetting I'm a real adult now. A college graduate. Weird.

Ok I think this has been quite an update. til next time.

Bye!

No comments: